Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Opening Up The EMX Development System

Any idea what this is?  I had no idea. I won it during a session on open source hardware at That Conference.


Turns out it's called an EMX Development System (it does say that right on the bottom, see?)  It's a programmable board.  It's a really nice one apparently.  

I've always wanted a little board, thinking maybe it would be nice to try out an arduino, or maybe a netduino.  This thing is a monster compared to those.  It's got five onboard directional buttons (lower right) giant touch screen display, compatible with XBee, USB port, SD card, and a whole lot of things I don't even understand.  

So yay for me.  

To be honest, I'm a little intimidated, but I'm going to tackle this board.  Time to get reading... 


No comments:

Post a Comment